If your organisation (either Controller or Processor) is located outside the EU and is processing personal data of data subjects in the EU relating to offering goods or services to individuals in the EU, or monitoring their behaviour, then you are under a mandatory obligation to appoint an Article 27 Representative under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) if you do not have your own establishment within the EU.
Obligations and Responsibilities of an Article 27 Representative:
- The Representative is the point of contact for all questions concerning the data protection of data subjects in the EU and the contact for data protection supervisory authorities.
- Our service includes:
- Provide you with an address in Ireland as your GDPR Representative address.
- Provide you with lead contact details for the Representative.
- Hold your records of processing activities.
- Act as your point of contact including cooperating with EU supervisory authorities, to ensure compliance with the GDPR.
- Act as your point of contact for data subjects in the EU.
- Provide translation services.